As a Senior Financial Accountant with Liberty Packaging, you will be an integral part of the finance team’s accounting, reporting and financial control processes that fuel operational and financial success. You will provide day to day accounting, reporting and financial control support for the company and will drive innovation through process improvement, data analysis and supporting initiatives to further Liberty Packaging’s reputation and long-standing success.
This is a Hybrid Remote position that reports directly to our Regional Controller and is located at the Liberty Packaging facility in Golden Valley, MN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting and tracking of all financial data to ensure a three-day month end close.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure accuracy and validity of financial data and ensures proper usage of ERP.
- Create and develop deliverables for regional management that provide insight and aid in business decisions.
- Provide coding for vendor invoices; assist Shared Services department in processing invoices and payments as needed.
- Ensure daily transaction posting processes are executed; investigate, analyze, and resolve issues or variance as they arise.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of General Ledger and all entries.
- Creates and maintains entries for the month-end process in-order to close and reconcile payroll, cash, prepaids, AP, AR, and accruals.
- Create and track metrics including sales analyses, OT analysis, margin reports, etc. used in the regional financial package and corporate-level reporting.
- Supports Operations on weekly metrics, shipping reports, OT and productivity reporting and other reports as deemed necessary by General Manager.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations monthly ensuring all accounts balances are accurate and properly supported.
- Provide support for annual audit as required.
- Ensure all Accounting Standard policies, procedures and practices are being complied with appropriately. Informs Controller when discrepancies are noted.
- Develops and implements new programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate to ensure financial reporting requirements can be met.
- Pursues continuous improvement opportunities to ensure divisional needs are met.
- Assists the Controller and leadership team in preparing site related Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
- Partners with the business unit management team to oversee and manage the AFE processes. Oversee Fixed Asset and track fixed asset spending in relation to its capital budget.
- Promote continuous process improvements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or related quantitative field required.
- 5+ years of general accounting experience.
- Previous experience in advanced Excel functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Conditional Formatting, IF statements, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- ERP familiarity a strong plus
- Excellent critical thinking and research skills; able to take ownership and drive issues to completion.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments; firm understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.