As a Corrugator Supervisor with Liberty Packaging Fort Worth, you will be responsible for leading and developing the production team for our new 110-inch corrugator. This position is a key owner of the day-to-day operations. Duties will include working with employees, providing constructive feedback and coaching, organizing workflow, and analyzing the efficiency of manufacturing processes.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is located at our manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate corrugator production activities with scheduling, maintenance, customer service, and converting supervision to meet KPIs in the areas of safety, quality, cost, productivity, and delivery.
- Ownership of corrugator operation and productivity through managing day-to-day operations: coordinating placement of employees, providing work direction to employees, monitoring equipment, raw materials, and supplies to proactively detect and prevent issues, and leading teams through troubleshooting of production issues.
- Optimize the performance of your team by providing consistent feedback and recognition and removing obstacles, while also ensuring internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Lead corrugator team through utilization of observation-based safety program. Communicate safety initiatives through leading team safety huddles where you coach and recognize safe practices and behaviors. Support site safety investigations and resolution.
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills in day-to-day interactions with employees to resolve conflicts and improve relationships within working groups, engaging HR and leadership on escalated issues.
- Proactively escalate issues to key stakeholders in internal departments to minimize risk to on time delivery.
- Establish routines and meet performance expectations with regard to coaching and discipline, employee reviews, timekeeping records, enterprise resource planning system (ERP), and employee records.
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends, communicate positive performance with other areas to foster a continuous improvement mindset, and develop paths for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Previous manufacturing experience in a high-volume, quality and reliability-focused environment required; specific corrugator experience highly preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Business/technical secondary education preferred.
- Previous experience in corrugated, folding carton, or paper manufacturing industries strongly preferred.
- Experience of having a leadership role within a manufacturing setting is a plus.
- Strong understanding of business system software
- Problem analysis/solving- formal training
- Previous experience leading projects or initiatives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop for 7+ hours per shift
- Must be able to walk and stand for 6+ hours per shift
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.