The Senior Manager, Business Unit Quality plays a critical role in the development of One Packaging quality function across the operating division and in alignment with enterprise quality strategy and objectives. This leader makes an impact on the business through the creation and implementation of quality strategies, standard operating procedures and tool development, external audit process oversight and response, key performance indicator development and reporting, quality certification achievement, training program and content development, capital project identification and execution, and the quality workstream integration of acquisitions.
This full-time hybrid position reports directly to the Director, Packaging Operations and can be in Liberty Packaging’s manufacturing facilities in Golden Valley, MN or Fort Worth, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with Packaging Leadership Team and business unit quality team, develops and executes quality program strategies for the Packaging division, aligning it with enterprise and customer quality objectives.
- Owns quality audit strategy, oversight, and execution. Leads team through preparation for, and execution of, external audits and customer surveys through program design, coaching, and findings gathering. Ensures business unit establishes aligned operating standards to respond to external audit requests, audit findings, and gap closure plans.
- Lead business unit teams through the development, alignment, implementation, and maintenance of compliant standard operating procedures, supporting the ability to deliver on first-pass quality value commitments for customers.
- Establish business unit standards for incoming raw materials, tools, equipment, and finished goods. Leads structured internal audits to ensure upstream processes meet requirements. Establish standards and adherence expectations for quality tool utilization across business unit.
- Lead business unit teams through securing and maintaining applicable ISO9001-2015 and AIB cGMP certifications as required by company or customer objectives. Evaluate additional certification that may be required by market, industry, company, or customers and prepare business to achieve certification status.
- Builds and deploys sustainable and standardized quality document and data control systems. Regularly review infrastructure performance to ensure system and tools are streamlined, meaningful, and efficient.
- In partnership with Continuous Improvement function, guides leaders and front-line staff through the identification and deployment of continuous improvement initiatives. Leads key quality change initiatives across the business unit partnership with leadership and functional support teams.
- In partnership with leadership teams, identifies, plans, and executes capital projects focus on improving first-pass quality throughout business unit.
- Design, develop, and execute a comprehensive quality training program tailored to business needs. Collaborate with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to identify training requirements, develop training materials, and create effective training modules.
- Serve on the Packaging Acquisition Team; lead the quality integration efforts during mergers and acquisitions, ensuring a seamless transition of quality management systems, processes, and standards between the merging entities. Monitor and report on the progress of quality integration activities, resolving any quality-related issues that may arise during the transition.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, quality, engineering, management, or 7+ years manufacturing experience in lieu of education.
- 7+ years people leadership experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with root cause or multi-causal analysis.
- 5+ years of experience managing customer interactions, gathering, and relaying technical information.
- 5+ years project management experience.
- Experience with developing and implementing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Experience developing and presenting information to multiple levels of the organization from front-line to executive leadership.
- Superior time management, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- ISO training and / or auditor certification.
- Previous experience in an ISO 9001-2015, AIB cGMP, or SQF organization.
- Previous experience in corrugated or paper manufacturing.
- Lean and / or Continuous Improvement certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks.
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus.
- Hearing and speaking.
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust, and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and services for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.