The Senior Maintenance Planner is accountable for preparing and delivering execution readiness of preventative maintenance and equipment repair activities performed by the Maintenance Department in a three-shift, full-line box plant. The planner coordinates scheduled activities with the appropriate individuals who have been assigned the responsibility of executing and scheduling work throughout the plant. This position is responsible for scheduling all long-term and short-term (daily/weekly/routine) work performed by the Maintenance Department, coordinating activities with operations and other site leaders as appropriate. This is a hybrid position based in Liberty Packaging’s Fort Worth, Texas facility and will report to the Maintenance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage process regarding upcoming scheduled maintenance, including the ordering of components, consumables, equipment, and tools. Communicate schedule and requirements to operations and internal leaders. Manages risks to equipment reliability and uptime by leveraging data and KPIs.
- Coordinates work schedules with operations, purchasing, and maintenance technicians and management.
- Create, implement, and update equipment, preventative, and corrective maintenance plans. Monitor adherence to plan and ensure completion of all maintenance activities to a high standard.
- Ensures that appropriate resources are in place based on workload, available parts, skill set etc. In the case of failure to adhere to PM schedule or successfully complete maintenance activities, identifies obstacles and communicates/ escalates as necessary.
- Manages supply and inventory of maintenance equipment. Identify critical equipment, components, and material needed for safety stock requirements to ensure components are on site or quickly sourced to minimize downtime.
- Once a job is planned and estimated, prior to scheduling, verifies the availability of parts, materials, and special tools required for its execution. Ensures material/equipment needs are documented in CMMS and on work orders.
- Assist/Lead root cause problem solving events on critical equipment, downtime events, and repeat failures.
- Maintain master equipment files and related job plans.
- Develops standard work for routine maintenance tasks and for production-led maintenance activities (equipment cleaning, etc.)
- Tracks and documents all equipment and maintenance information, to include maintenance inventory; completion of repairs, PMs, and other work orders; and tracking maintenance performance via data and KPIs.
- Leads maintenance team in the absence of a manager/supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a senior or leadership capacity on a maintenance team required.
- Strong knowledge of CMMS, including ensuring that the system is fully leveraged for optimum benefit
- Expert knowledge and experience of best practices for maintenance planning to optimize equipment safety, uptime, reliability, quality, and operation.
- Experience interpreting key performance indicators and adjusting plans and team activities accordingly.
- Ability to communicate effectively to maintenance personnel, supervision, and management.
- Ability to estimate job sequence steps, man hours required, and equipment availability.
- Strong understanding of maintaining backlog work orders and their priorities.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Associate’s degree with engineering or science-based curriculum preferred.
- Ability to lead the Maintenance team in the absence of Supervision.
- Excellent internal customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.