As the Corporate Accounting Manager with Liberty Diversified International, you will be a key member of the finance team responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s general ledger accounting functions. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial records and reports, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting principles and regulations. You will supervise a team of accountants and work closely with other departments to streamline financial processes. This position is hybrid and reports directly to the Corporate Controller and is located at LDI’s headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical Accounting Guidance:
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting standards and regulations and provide guidance to the organization on their impact including implementation of new accounting standards.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ensure timely and accurate consolidation of financial statements from multiple business units
- Support external audit and regulatory reporting processes
- Accounting Operations:
- Manage and oversee day-to -day accounting operations, including Fixed Assets, Leases, accruals, and general ledger.
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries, reconciliation, and other financial reports
- Maintain and update the general ledger to accurately reflect all financial transactions and account balances
- Monitor and maintain the chart of accounts and financial systems
- Research and Documentation
- Conduct in-depth research on complex accounting issues and document conclusions in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain comprehensive documentation on accounting policies and procedures
- Compliance and Internal Controls:
- Assess and enhance internal controls related to financial reporting, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all accounting processes comply with relevant financial regulations, accounting standards, tax regulations and internal policies.
- Process Management:
- Develop and maintain efficient accounting processes, procedures, and controls to ensure financial operations run smoothly to provide accurate and timely financial reporting
- Conduct financial analysis to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for process improvement and provide actionable insights to senior management
- Continuous improvement:
- Continuously assess and improve financial reporting processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes and enhance internal controls
- Develop and implement best practices related to technical accounting
- Audit Coordination:
- Work closely with external auditors during financial audits, providing necessary documentation, explanations, and support to ensure a smooth audit process
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with the other departments, such as FPA, legal, tax and IT, and business units to address accounting- related issues and ensure alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Team Leadership:
- Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure high-performance levels.
- Ad-Hoc Projects:
- Participate in special projects and provide financial analysis as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 7+ years of experience
- CPA or equivalent designation
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, and internal controls.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop team members
- Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Both public and private accounting experience
- Financial experience in Manufacturing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust, and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and services for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.