The FP&A Director - Packaging at Liberty Packaging is accountable for partnering with other business leaders across Liberty Packaging in preparing financial analysis to support business decisions. This position will work with financial and business leaders to execute on Liberty Packaging’s strategy by providing timely and accurate reporting and analysis to predict and compare actual vs forecasted results. This hybrid position is a hybrid and reports directly to the VP, Finance – Packaging and is located at the Liberty Packaging facility in Minneapolis, MN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the financial planning & analysis function for Liberty Packaging, including budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling.
- Partner with corporate finance team and business leaders to give guidance, coaching and support to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Responsible for month end reporting, including departmental actual vs. budget/forecast reports and quarterly Business Review.
- Partner with VP, Finance – Packaging and business leaders in supporting strategic initiatives across the region.
- Work closely with the VP, Finance – Packaging to provide financial analysis and reporting to senior management and Shared Service teams.
- Perform detailed pricing analysis by customer and item and advise management on margin improvement opportunities.
- Analyze capital investments and monitor project spending.
- Direct Liberty Packaging finance teams in monitoring and enhancing financial systems.
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to understand their financial needs and provide analysis and insights to support decision making.
- Create and track metrics including sales analyses, OT analysis, margin reports, AR past due status, etc. used in the Packaging financial package and corporate-level reporting.
- Works with Operations Team in gathering weekly/monthly metrics and reporting.
- Develops and implements new programs, policies, and procedures to develop LDI’s ability to gather and leverage business data and analytics.
- Manage and develop a team, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Identify and recommend areas for process improvement and optimization to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in financial planning and analysis to ensure the company is leveraging the latest tools and techniques.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business with focus in Finance, Accounting, or similar quantitative degree. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance and/or financial analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking and research skills; able to take ownership and drive issues to completion.
- Results-oriented to ensure deliverables are submitted in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Exceptional judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Works well as a team player and an individual contributor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments; firm understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel
- Possess effective cross functional partnering, financial planning and analysis skills
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a strong plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Air and vehicle travel to manufacturing facilities
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.