The Senior Maintenance Technician is a critical role with Liberty Packaging that is responsible for maintaining and repairing all converting and manufacturing equipment to minimize downtime. This full-time position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is located at our manufacturing plant in Phoenix, Arizona.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead complex preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and schedule and unschedule repair activities on industrial machinery and assembly equipment. This equipment includes:
- Industrial machinery and assembly equipment, including industrial electrical control circuits – relays, sensors, switches, VFDs, etc.; die cutters, air compressors, and material handling systems
- Miscellaneous assembly equipment including: electronics, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of machine tools.
- Install, repair, and troubleshoot programmable controllers, A/C and D/C Drives, control systems, pneumatic and electrical systems up to 480/3/60
- Perform installations, moves, troubleshooting, and repairs, procure parts, and properly tag out a variety of machine tools, fixtures and tooling using schematics and OEM manuals while performing visual and audible inspection of equipment to locate causes of malfunction.
- Perform maintenance according to preventative maintenance schedule to maximize machine utilization
- Take ownership for assignments and follow up on completed work to ensure repairs are performed in a timely manner, and that the root cause of issues is addressed.
- Identify and perform equipment improvements and upgrades.
- Ensure equipment has proper settings and make adjustments when necessary for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products
- Participate on cross functional continuous improvement teams
- Perform and lead repair work in specialty areas; outsource in specialty areas as necessary; maintain spare parts inventory for machinery and equipment assembly including service documentation, tooling, assembly equipment spare parts and equipment storage; order spare parts and tools, as necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of maintenance including ensuring OSHA lock out/tag out procedures are in place/documented, 100% compliance with regulatory production & maintenance, preventative maintenance schedules, permits and codes.
- Alter existing equipment and determine alternate uses for equipment to improve and enhance results.
- Communicate with internal and external technical support.
- Design and build new mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servosystems, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Perform other related duties, supervisory functions as assigned.
- Provide support and guidance to the department in repair work, installation, or adjustments.
EDUCATION and experience required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution and 5+ years industrial maintenance experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in corrugated converting machinery, such as: Flexographic machines (flexo-folder gluers), fully-automated rapid set, rotary die cutters, pre-feeder, load formers, pallet feeders, bundling machines, fully-automated unitizers, power conveyor systems, load pushers – chain transfer.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical controls, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components. Strong PLC experience.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret technical manuals and diagrams.
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PREFERRED education, experience, and skills:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in maintenance preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Training and experience on TPM and servo motor a plus.
- Experience with continuous improvement tools and techniques a plus.
- Certificate in Electronics or Electrical Mechanical Repair, preferred;
- Experience with computerized maintenance tracking systems, particularly preventative maintenance.
- A high degree of ownership and initiative and strong analytical skills.
- Adept at recognizing and advocating for opportunities to improve processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand technical terminology.
- The ability to remain engaged, proactive, and positive even in tough circumstances; to own assignments and be fully accountable for their success.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards, including ISO-9001
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces and to bend and crawl for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to climb ladders for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach and grasp up to 6+ hours per shift
about our company:
Liberty Packaging is a nationwide network of packaging companies providing supply chain solutions. We are committed to providing customers with excellence in packaging solutions and service. Our corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products to meet our customer's needs from brown shipping boxes to sophisticated die-cut boxes, high graphic packaging and promotional packaging.
As part of the Liberty Diversified International (LDI) family of companies, Liberty Packaging has locations in San Diego, Phoenix, Dallas/Fort Worth, Mexicali, Tijuana, as well as throughout the northern Midwest. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Quarrix) and Safco Products.
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.