As the Accounting Manager with Safco Products, you will have hands-on oversight of all accounting functions to ensure compliance and to establish and maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including but not limited to the preparation of company monthly reporting, monthly closings and reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable. The Accounting Manager is a hybrid role that reports to the Finance Director and is located at Safco’s headquarters in New Hope, MN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting function, including month and year-end processes, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts receivable policies, general ledger transactions, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, and capital management.
- Deliver timely and accurate P&L and Balance Sheet accounting in compliance with GAAP and LDI policies and procedures, utilizing current best practices to maximize value and efficiency.
- Supervise and mentor a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Lead and bring accountability to the team by building a culture of high performance, collaboration, and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
- Maintain effective financial control by managing approval levels, separation of duties, and other financial controls.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Summarize findings on the monthly, quarterly, or annual reports to the site management team and business unit finance. Provide insights to support decision-making and operational improvement.
- Manage customer A/R balances and payment terms to meet DSO metrics.
- Ensure proper inventory valuations through cycle count programs, inventory reserve policies, and analysis of standard cost changes.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide financial support and insights, such as commission calculations with Sales, and obsolete inventory analysis with Supply Chain.
- Actively lead and participate in internal and external audit processes.
- Support business unit tax requirements, including the R&D tax credit, understanding of nexus requirements, and any ad hoc needs.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that impact financial performance.
- Other duties, as assigned by business unit leadership or corporate finance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 7+ years experience in finance or accounting.
- 3+ years people leadership experience.
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with the ability to show the impact of the analysis on the financial statements.
- Ability to learn and navigate effectively in an ERP system, strong database knowledge (BI preferred) and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with multiple functions, shared services team members, and executives.
- Exceptional judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching employees and facilitating process and cultural changes.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing & supply chain environment
- Previous experience with JD Edwards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.