As the Production Supervisor with Liberty Packaging Phoenix, you will be responsible for the oversight of the equipment and personnel associated with corrugator operations. The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing activities on the assigned shift in an efficient and safe manner.
This full-time position and reports directly to the Plant Manager and is located at Liberty Packaging’s manufacturing plant in Phoenix, AZ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership on the operating floor and strive for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem-solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership through action planning for minimizing/eliminating gaps and top downtime issues
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, including training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; promoting safety, quality production, and teamwork; resolving conflicts
- Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management
- Lead and motivate employees to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and the production of a quality product
- Coordinate with Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor on any repairs or preventative maintenance needed in the department
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and the use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the plant
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization. Reports needs to maintenance for preventive maintenance and/or repair/modification
- Cross-train employees in key positions
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Understand production machine scheduling based on due dates and hot items, to meet our customer demand and on-time delivery expectations
- Willing and able to work off shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work processes, operation, and maintenance instructions, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence (via e-mail or document)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization, including dealing with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Experience with corrugator, converting, and finishing equipment
- Knowledge SAP systems and related tools.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Project/action plan management
- Troubleshooting acumen for converting equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment of varying temperature
- Must be able to bend and stoop for much of their shift, including working in small spaces.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; ability to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.