The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction and retention levels for the Twin Cities region. This role leads, trains, and develops a team of customer service representatives. The CSM will develop, document, and implement best practices for order processing, inventory management, and management of customer requests, complaints, and communications. This role is accountable for creating and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) and resolving customer issues in a timely manner. Additionally, the CSM collaborates with cross-functional teams to enhance the overall customer experience and support other internal initiatives. This full-time hybrid position will report to the Sales Director at either our Rock Island, Chicago or Omaha location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage a team of customer service representatives through the execution of internal programs, processes, and standards to meet customer needs and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and standard work to ensure efficient and effective customer fulfillment needs. Monitor customer engagement to ensure quality, accuracy, and adherence to company policies.
- Lead teams through the resolution of escalated customer issues and complaints, providing prompt and satisfactory resolutions.
- Ensure data governance standards and practices are established for Amtech system. Oversee account maintenance to ensure data information accuracy (e.g. ship-to, overrun / underrun, account deactivation, spec deviations, and obsolete data).
- Develop and maintain customer scorecard, metrics, and reports, providing regular updates to customer service team and leadership. Analyze customer feedback and data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
- Own inventory agreement process and ensure data is updated in systems during demand changes. In partnership with Sales and Operations, own aged inventory management and disposition planning
- Implement strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and retention, implement and manage change effectively across function(s). Collaborate with other departments, such as sales, marketing, and operations, to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Build and deploy training materials to ensure customer service team development.
- Own Stock Box Program and House Accounts for region, partner with functional groups to execute small quantity sales, drive SKU rationalization, establish pricing, and provide inventory oversight.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment, promoting teamwork, open communication, and a customer-centric mindset.
- In partnership with IT, Sales, and Operations, advance the use of technology and systems within the business to ensure efficient and effective EDI functionality across customer portfolio.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field AND 3+ years of team leadership experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in customer service, customer support, or customer-facing role.
- Proficient in using customer service software, CRM systems, and other relevant tools.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and draw actionable insights.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with a commitment to providing exceptional service.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience with Amtech and JD Edwards systems
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Experience managing and implementing changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
- Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters, and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
- Hearing and speaking
- Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, and gripping.
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.