As a Maintenance Technician with Liberty Packaging - Omaha, you will be a key driver on maintaining the health of the facility by diagnosing and resolving maintenance issues to minimize downtime along with educating the team on establishing long term solutions on specific maintenance issues.
This full-time position reports directly to a Maintenance Supervisor / Manager and is located at Liberty Packaging’s manufacturing plant in Omaha, NE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assigned tasks through an electronic work order system within machines centers or equipment in areas of electrical, mechanical operations (drives, rolls and motors), TIG/MIG welding, hydraulics systems, pneumatics systems and program logic & controls (PLC’s)
- Use schematics, blueprints, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions along with manufacturer’s instruction manuals to perform testing and troubleshooting in equipment, or systems.
- Routinely perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM’s) and proactively identify needs for repairs or replacements of parts on machines or equipment
- Respond to machine centers or specific equipment to provide real time assistance, swift diagnosis of critical maintenance issues, performing repairs, and providing proactive communication to leadership for major maintenance issues
- Be a peer coach and a subject matter expert to identify long term solutions with specific maintenance issues on machines or equipment, share key learnings to teams and leadership
- Follow all state requirements for routine maintenance checks on specific equipment
- Assist in installation activities of new equipment in partnership with outside vendors, engineering, production teams and maintenance leaders
- Maintain a clean, organized work area by following cleaning processes along with following maintenance inventory management protocols
- Follow plant safety processes and procedures outlined for machine centers
- Other duties, as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent from accredited institution
- 2+ years of work experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in all areas of industrial electrical maintenance, mechanical operations, TIG/MIG welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, and program logic & controls (PLC’s)
- Previous experience in trouble shooting and diagnosing maintenance issues
- Previous experience reading schematics and blueprints
- Previous experience using a computer, performing typing, printing, and data entry
- Ability to use math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Previous experience with reading a tape measure
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Technical degree in Maintenance related field
- Active Boilers License (Special, 2nd Class, 1st Class, Chief)
- Experience within the corrugated industry
- Experience with operational excellence or continuous improvement programs – Lean 6 Sigma, Kaizen Events
- Previous experience areas of industrial electrical maintenance, mechanical operations (drives, rolls and motors), TIG/MIG welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, and program logic & controls (PLC’s)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop for 7+ hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach and grasp up to 6+ hours per shift
about our company:
Comprised of multiple companies with headquarters in New Hope, Minnesota, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is a privately held company employing more than 1,900 individuals across our manufacturing facilities, production facilities and core business operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, California, and Mexico. With deep roots in the corrugated box manufacturing industry, we operate in the core markets of paper, packaging, workplace products, corrugated plastics and building products.
Since 1918, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Packaging, Liberty Paper, Liberty Plastics (Custom Solutions and Quarrix Building Products) and Safco.
◊ ◊ ◊
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.